In June of 1957, the congregation began holding services above the Isaly’s store at 109 East Main Street with James Heckathorne from the New Franklin Methodist Church serving as pastor.
On October 13, 1957, the charter service was held with 57 people in attendance.
Around the year 1959, the church purchased five acres of land north of Louisville on State Route 44 (our current site) for $7,500.
The cost of the building, with volunteer labor, came to only $20,000.
On April 23, 1968, The Evangelical United Brethren Church and The Methodist Church merged to become The United Methodist Church.
The ground-breaking ceremony for the worship center was held on August 25, 1991. A wind storm during Holy Week of 1992 delayed the construction. Dedication on the sanctuary was held on April 30, 1995.